Saturday, July 12, 2014

Kayaking

For Day 2 of our family trip some of us went kayaking in Monterey Bay.
 
Back row:  Logan and Karol
Middle Row:  Blake, McKayla, Brinley and Parker
Seated:  Erin, Kaitlyn, Aubrey and Tanner


Kaitlyn and McKayla were paired up in a kayak.


Brinley wanted to get in the picture with the big cousins - cute!


Logan and Blake were in their own kayaks.


Had to get a picture of Kaitlyn and Logan together in their kayaking gear.


Me and my kayaking partner, Aubrey, all ready to go.


Mike enjoying his kayak ride.




I don't have any pictures of Logan in the kayak
because he got in his and took off.
He made it all the way to the Aquarium.
Most of us didn't go that far.


Aubrey was such a good kayaker. 
She paddled so hard and did a great job. 
On the way back I could tell her paddles were moving,
but kind of all over the place. 
I told her she didn't have to keep paddling and she could take a rest. 
She said OK and the next thing I knew her head was
bent to the side and she was fast asleep!

 
I think her paddles were moving all over because
she was falling asleep while she was paddling.
When we passed some sea lions their loud barking woke her up.

 
I told her to see if she could slide down in the kayak and get a little
more comfortable while she slept.
Her paddle fell out in the process, but I was able to get it
and get back to shore to snap a picture of her before she woke up again.
She was adorable, glad I got to be kayak partners with her.


No comments:

Blog Archive