Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sewing 101

When Kaitlyn was trying to figure out what to wear for her Halloween costume this year she couldn't find a skirt that she thought would work.  We had recently talked about her learning how to sew for a Personal Progress goal so we decided her Halloween costume would be the perfect opportunity.
 
Kaitlyn was meant to sew from a very young age - she even assisted me in her sleep :)
 

(when I tell people I held Kaitlyn all the time when she was a baby I'm really not joking - its a miracle the girl can walk.)


Can't explain why I did this - I think she wanted to "help" and it was the only way I could keep her fingers away from the needle - still I must have been a little crazy.

 
So a couple of weeks ago we set off to Joannes to buy some fabric.
 


 

Kaitlyn was very excited to learn how to sew and did a great job on her skirt!
She was happy with the finished product and is ready to make another one soon.


You'll have to wait until our Halloween pictures to see the finished product.

No comments: